Who are Community 4x4 Response?
Community 4x4 Response, based in the North West of England, is a voluntary organisation (registered charity number: 1191784) made up of people who want to make a difference. Our trained responders offer logistical 4x4 vehicle support to the Emergency Services, NHS Trusts, and Community during Severe Weather Events, Emergencies, Incidents and Times of Need.
Community 4x4 Response operates out of several regions across the North West, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester and Cheshire, also operating in Lincolnshire and in conjunction with other regional groups to provide assistance across the United Kingdom.
Each of the volunteers for Community 4x4 Response take pride in assisting in tasks such as:
- Transporting essential medical personnel during adverse weather conditions to and from hospitals
- Transporting district nurses to patients during adverse weather conditions
- Providing logistic support to Local Authorities during floods and other adverse weather conditions
- Assisting in the transportation of police officers during adverse weather conditions
- Getting personnel and equipment close to the scene in emergencies where only 4x4 vehicles are capable of doing so
- Supporting rescue organisations in severe weather and in arduous terrain
- Providing food and water to drivers and passengers stuck in their vehicles
- Assisting with car parking, traffic management and marshalling at events
Community 4x4 Response also provides our services and support to festivals, charitable events, etc. Whilst at these events we provide a number of services including, car park management, on-site vehicle movement, recovery of broken-down or stuck vehicles and marshalling. We also use these events as a good method of raising awareness of who we are and what we do; along with occasional fund raising.
New members are always welcome, and don’t worry if you have little or even no off-road experience. Our team of experienced responders have the collective knowledge and skills to get you ready and give you the confidence to be deployed into any scenario.
If you want to help, but don’t want to go out on deployment, then you can. Not everyone has to drive a 4x4 vehicle or even leave their house to help. We are always happy to take on people who feel better suited to running control for our responders and making sure they are safe, and even people who just want to fundraise.
If you want to join the Community 4x4 Response family visit our membership page for more information.
Community 4x4 Response relies on the generosity of the public and businesses for us to continue our operations assisting the Emergency Services, NHS Trusts, and Local Communities. Any donations we receive are always greatly appreciated, and we would like to thank every sponsor and donor that has supported Community 4x4 Response in its activities.